Saturday, October 1, 2022

Dreams

When I was young, I dreamed that when i became a mom, that my children would feel safe and happy to be around me. As i grew older and realized that I really like order and routine, i realized that I was unlikely to be the fun mom. Dave was Mr. Jokester and spontaneous. I figured the kids would be running, jumping, and playing with Dave while i grumbled over cleaning up their mess, fussed about their grades, and told them to clean their rooms. 

Funny how dreams work though.....in 2005, Jack was born. Something shifted. I found myself making messes, banging on pots, riding a bike IN THE HOUSE, anything so that Jack would smile, have fun, and continue to develop. So here I am today, at 50, lacing up my roller skates and rolling around the skate park with my kid who always wants ME to hang out with him. 

Also, because of his OCD, Jack also likes order and routine so ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I stand corrected x 3

Most important of all-he's fine! Everybody's fine.  In the middle of an absolutely ordinary afternoon at home yesterday, Jack's ...