Monday, September 3, 2018

Publix....where NOT Shopping Is a Pleasure

Our local Publix recently began offering a new service-delivery!!! When I first heard of it, I thought that the idea was just too much. It's not like I am unable to drive to or walk around the store to get my groceries. 

Still, I was curious and the first delivery is free 🤔🤔🤔 A couple of weeks ago, I gave it a try and I worked on cleaning our house while a friendly shopper from Instacart gathered all my requested groceries and delivered them still nice and cold to my front door. That first week, I missed the in-app texts from my shopper because I was vacuuming. He still did a fine job of getting all the items I requested.

When it came time to buy groceries again, I decided that I did not really notice whatever upcharges there were on my items and planners like me can get our deliveries for $2.99. On Thursday, I scheduled my delivery for early Saturday morning thinking I had planned  it late enough so that I could finish my long run then I would  get a shower and be working on cleaning house again while my shopper gathered my things. 

Saturday morning came and I overslept my alarm. I struggled my way through those 7 miles and when I was finally done, only the ickiness of my sweaty self got me to the shower. Afterward, I was just done....too tired from trying to get the whole family on a new, earlier schedule that week, too tired from the pretty intense workouts I pushed myself through, too tired from the mental gymnastics that my job had required of me that week, just too tired.

And if it had been up to me, those groceries would not have been gotten. But it wasn't up to me! Instacart James was on the job and making sure that I had everything I wanted from our local store



while also tired Jack and also tired Elmo and I chilled out on the couch.

100% worth it! I was not out doing anything absolutely fantastic instead of shopping. I did not conquer the cleaning that needed to be done instead of shopping. I sat on my couch holding Elmo and snuggling Jack watching YouTube instead of shopping. 

It cost me $2.99, a small (unnoticeable to me) upcharge on my grocery items, and a good tip for James since he was so helpful on my extra requests. I am told that the Instacart shoppers/drivers will take your groceries into the kitchen for you if you request but the front door works fine for me.

Grocery delivery from Publix via instacart has certainly been a pleasure for me!

***This post is not sponsored in any way. However, the Publix app did sent me a code to share. If you guys decide to give it a try, use my code MSMITHF2FFFF12D to get $10 off and i will get $10 off my next order, too. The code is MSMITHF2FFFF12D *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I stand corrected x 3

Most important of all-he's fine! Everybody's fine.  In the middle of an absolutely ordinary afternoon at home yesterday, Jack's ...