Thursday, September 13, 2018

Running

I run. I do not run fast and I still take walk breaks but I run and I love it. 


I don't always love it while I am running but I always love that I did it when I am done. And sometimes, I get treated to sights such as this
Life these days feels like it is moving at warp speed and I am constantly scrambling just to nearly catch up. When I run, it's just me and the road or trail and occasionally a friend or two. Breathing and continuing to move is all that I have to do. Sometimes, I am exhausted at the end of a run but, somehow, spending this time exhausting myself physically rejuvenates my mind. I have a brighter outlook on life and I know that I am ready to take on the day. I know I can do more than my brain can comprehend. 

Running has reminded me that I am stronger than I look. Running reminds me that we are all in different places on our journeys but we are all doing our best at any given moment Running reminds me that external circumstances can have a big impact on what I can accomplish on any given day and that is perfectly okay. Running reminds me that sometimes I just need to slow down and let myself calm down. When I see beautiful sunrises, running reminds me that God above creates beauty out of the most ordinary of tasks. The sun rises everyday but each sunrise has its own gorgeous painting of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I stand corrected x 3

Most important of all-he's fine! Everybody's fine.  In the middle of an absolutely ordinary afternoon at home yesterday, Jack's ...